Technology and Disinfection Protocols during the Coronavirus Season
As various parts of the country start to slowly and safely open their businesses, we wanted to share some of the steps we are taking here at the Atlanta Dental Center to keep our patients and staff safe.
- We have a full time dedicated Environmental Hygiene Specialist.
- Their ONLY job is to clean the office continually with disinfection materials. They constantly clean all common spaces including countertops, doorknobs, handles, light switches, keyboards, sinks and sink faucets, etc. This keeps the environment clean and disinfected throughout the day.
- Patient Protocols
- Our scheduling staff use checklists of questions with patients before scheduling or confirming appointments (to ensure no current or recent illness, etc.).
- Higher risk patients being rescheduled to a later date.
- Checking patient temperatures upon entry to office.
- We are checking staff temperatures upon entry to the office.
- All staff use additional protective materials and equipment.
- We are using N95 masks with all clinical staff AND surgical masks on top of the N95 masks for additional safety.
- We are also using face shields, gowns, gloves, etc.
- We are working with a personal protective equipment (PPE) expert and our protocols parallel the PPE protocols used in hospital wards where COVID-19 is actually being treated.
- All in all, we have more PPE protocols in place than ever before for the safety of everyone.
- We are applying distancing throughout the office and waiting room.
- At times we have patients wait in their vehicles if we need to expand our distancing in the waiting area.
- We’ve staggered the schedule to have less patients arriving at the same time thus reducing the chance of the waiting room getting full.
- We’ve installed large transparent protective barriers throughout the office for additional protection as well (similar to how you might see in grocery stores or banks).
- We have loaner masks for patients who didn’t bring one. They can use these masks until their treatment starts. We then clean and sterilize them through our industrial sterilization equipment.
- Additional precautions
- These are just some of the precautions we are taking. We take the safety of our patients and staff very seriously and continue to improve and add to these protocols.
With the above protocols our doctors feel confident that our patients and staff will be well protected while still delivering the essential dental treatment our patients need. In addition to the above, we are following the interim guidelines from the American Dental Association throughout the dental office. With strong oral health, we help boost the immune system and maintain an overall healthier body.
Please feel free to contact us at any time to find out more about these protocols or if you have any questions about this or your dental treatment. We look forward to talking with you and helping restore and maintain your oral health.
Some of our safety features and protocols:
To make an appointment, call (404) 800‑1442 or click here to request an appointment online.